You know that excitement when you find an amazing new gluten free product? -- That cookie, pretzel, pizza crust or pasta, where after tasting the first bite you double check that it’s gluten free because it’s just so delicious!?
Well, we are excited to report, that we found not one, but hundreds of delicious gluten free finds at the New Jersey Gluten Free Allergy Free Expo (October 15th & 16th 2016)! (Ok, maybe not HUNDREDS, but it was sure enough to overwhelm your average Celiac) Below are our favorite finds!
1. Hoboken Farms Big Red Marinara sauce - woah, this sauce is incredible! (and dairy free). It tastes homemade from a local farmer and if you’re like us and looking for a delicious easy addition to your gluten free pasta, this is your next marinara sauce!
3. Izzi B’s - cupcakes, brownies, cookies, with none of the top 8 allergens, oh my! After tasting one of the delicious Izzi B creations, you would never guess that there’s no gluten, wheat, soy, dairy, eggs, all nuts, or casein. No preservatives, no trans-fats, no refined sugar and no cholesterol.
4. Brazi Bites – a new spin on the traditional pao de queijo from Brazil, literally meaning bread of cheese. As cheese is basically our favorite food group, when we tried all the different flavors of this Brazilian cheesy bread, we were left wanting more! (Our fave was the jalepeno). Brazilian cheesy bread is naturally gluten free as it is made from tapioca flour. Brazi Bites has bite size pieces that go from the freezer to oven to tummy with lots of yum.
5. Farmwise Veggie Fries - By the time we made it to Veggie Fries, the only flavor left to sample was the broccoli and potatoes. Pretty sure that the best was saved for last though :) We actually went back to have another few fries before the day was over…don’t tell anyone!
6. Aleia’s Cookies – We are suckers for a delicious oatmeal raisin cookie and were so happy to find these yummy cookies! They also had bread crumbs that we took home - so excited to try them!
7. Still Riding Foods - gluten free pizza crust that’s crispy, delicious and can be used at home or in a restaurant. The unique thing about this pizza crust is that it does not come frozen. We found that it didn’t fall apart like some other gluten free crusts.
8. Nima sensor - it's not food, but it is super cool. It's always great to have peace of mind when eating out and Nima helps! The sensor allows you test your food for gluten by placing a sample within the device and within minutes it will let you know whether or not there is gluten in it. How cool is that?
So, there you have it! If you are looking to try something new, check out when the GF AF Expo comes to your town. Lastly, some advice for the expo -- pace yourself and don't eat a big meal beforehand. There are so many samples and so much food, we were full and needed to be rolled out of the expo at the end!
Comment below with your favorite gluten free finds!